Date: October 7, 2019
The Slovenian Philharmonic Orchestra is seeking a highly qualified musician for the position of a substitute musician
1ST VIOLIN TUTTI (M/F)
Auditions will be held at the Marjan Kozina Concert Hall at the Slovenian Philharmonics Building (Kongresni trg 10, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia) on Monday, November 18, 2019 at 2 p.m.
About the position*:
Employment on temporary basis (full time) – 12 months
– bachelor’s degree (university level degree in music – previous program) or master’s degree (Bologna second level degree in music)*,
– Slovene language proficiency**,
– foreign language proficiency (English or German or French or Spanish or Russian),
– min. 6 months of work experience,
– successfully passed audition.
*Please note, that if a candidate does not meet the education requirements for the job, outstandingly passed audition may, as an exception, compensate for the required degree
**If a candidate does not speak the Slovene language, outstandingly passed audition may, as an exception, compensate for the requited language proficiency
Interested parties are asked to submit the following:
• CV/résumé (including mailing address, phone number and email address),
• copy of one’s degree diploma/certificate – proving the completed education,
• copy of an ID,
• language certificate / proof of language proficiency.
The application can be sent by an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to the following address:
Kongresni trg 10
(Audition application – do not open!)
The Slovenian Philharmonics Symphony will be accepting applications through Friday, November 8, 2019.
Résumés will be reviewed after submission, and all applicants will be notified by email of their invitation to attend the audition, for which piano accompaniment will be provided. Please note that travel and accommodation expenses will not be reimbursed.
Salary est. starting 1670,94 EUR gross
1st round (obligatory)
• W. A. Mozart: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement: A major, KV 219 or
• W. A. Mozart: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement D major, KV 218 or
• W. A. Mozart: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement G major, KV 216
2nd round (applicant’s choice, 1st movement with cadenza)
• J. Brahms: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement or
• P. I. Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement or
• L. v. Beethoven: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement or
• J. Sibelius: Violin Concerto, 1st Movement
3th round – orchestral excerpts (will be provided and marked)
• J. Brahms: Symphony No. 2
• G. Mahler: Symphony No. 2 in D major
• F. Mendelssohn Bartholdy: Symphony No. 4 in A major, Op. 90, “The Italian”
• W. A. Mozart: Symphony No. 41 in C major, K. 551, »Jupiter«, 4th movement
• R. Schumann: Symphony No. 2 in C major, Op. 61, 2nd movement
• R. Strauss: Don Juan, Op. 20